What's new

Dolby: Atmos Blu-ray Discs Due This Year (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Would a person even notice a difference in an average size room? This technology sounds like it would only be noticeable if you were lucky enough to own an auditorium in your house.

DanH1972

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
Edwin-S said:
Would a person even notice a difference in an average size room? This technology sounds like it would only be noticeable if you were lucky enough to own an auditorium in your house.
Yes. Absolutely. A 7.1.4 and even a 5.1.4 setup can be quite effective given a well designed mix.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Edwin-S said:
DSX and IIz are noticeable.Those are pee wee league.Atmos is the big leagues.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
DanH1972 said:
Yes. Absolutely. A 7.1.4 and even a 5.1.4 setup can be quite effective given a well designed mix.
schan1269 said:
DSX and IIz are noticeable.Those are pee wee league.Atmos is the big leagues.
Hmmmm....lol.......more equipment to buy........................eventually.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Edwin-S said:
Hmmmm....lol.......more equipment to buy........................eventually.
Same here, it might be 2-3 years for me as I don't anticipate doing anything until I retire and relocate to my final digs. By then, we should have lower pricing on equipment and more choices to choose from in regard to speaker options. Until that time, I'll buy some titles and just have them decode back to my 7.1 setup.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
My goal is to start buying Atmos encoded titles and 4K blurays once the become available after seeing a demo of course. That way I have some titles once I have the player and system purchased and configured but till then my 7.1 system will do till then.
View attachment 12736

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks