What's new

Dolby Atmos add on Receiver? (1 Viewer)

Caseyren

Auditioning
Real Name
Casey Rensel
Hey everyone! I don't know if I came to the right place but I currently own a recently new Denon 7.1 reciever, without Atmos or dts-x support . Thing is I would like to add overhead channels , but without buying a new 1000 dollar receiver. Does anyone know of a way to add Dolby Atmos or overhead channels, such as by using a secondary unit that is ONLY for overhead channels, I can split the HDMI coming out of my Blu-ray player and consoles, that's not the worry. Thanks!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Atmos and DTS:X are a complete processing system. The only way to get it is with a receiver or preamp with an Atmos processor. It can NOT just be added on. Now, there have been receivers for years that extrapolate height channels from traditional surround soundtracks, but for actual Atmos or DTS:X you must have a processor with Atmos and DTS:X.

Caseyren

Auditioning
Real Name
Casey Rensel
Atmos and DTS:X are a complete processing system. The only way to get it is with a receiver or preamp with an Atmos processor. It can NOT just be added on. Now, there have been receivers for years that extrapolate height channels from traditional surround soundtracks, but for actual Atmos or DTS:X you must have a processor with Atmos and DTS:X.
Ah gotcha thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks