What's new

Dolby 5.1 on my reciever (1 Viewer)

Cguy

Auditioning
Real Name
Cody
hey everyone,

I've noticed on the back of a lot of blu-ray disc's in my area (ontario) the audio options state they will play in 5.1 dolby digital french, or in DTS english. seeing as i dont speak french this is giving me a problem.

I have an older reciever, sony str-de825 and i love it. the problem is it only has the dolby digital 5.1 "stamp" on the front of it, it doesnt say DTS anywhere on it.

So i guess my question is, If i buy a Blu-Ray disc that says DTS english on it, Will my reciever be able to decode it and give me 5.1 surround sound???? or will i only be able to hear it through my front 2 speakers?? or not at all??

I guess to sum all this up, will my 5.1 dolby digital reciever be able to decode DTS and give me true surround sound?

thanks

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
If your receiver doesn't suppoet DTS then it won't be able to decode the 5.1 DTS signal. You would have to choose the Stereo option on the BR disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks