DOIN TIME ON MAPLE DRIVE Sept 7

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Joe Caps, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Joe Caps

Joe Caps Screenwriter

Fox vid is releasing the made for tv film Doin Time on Maple Drive on Sept 7. No retailer has it listed but Amazon.
    this is an excellent film about the model son who has to come home to his model family and tell them he is NOT getting married because he is gay.
    Check it out.

2. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Cinematographer

I have seen this film on Lifetime several times. When it was shown originally, I thought it was incredibly powerful. Having seen it again a few weeks back, it seems, at times, a bit heavy handed, and, if the parents were just a slightly bit more extreme in their attempts to raise perfect children, this film would move from drama into John Waters territory.

But, the BEST thing about this is the Oscar-worthy performance Jim Carrey gives as the other son. And this from someone who is not much a Carrey fan. I am still amazed at how good he is in it. Jame B Sikking is realy quite touching, too.

I'll be picking up.

3. Will K

Will K Screenwriter

Usually, I'm immune to TV movies but this is a great one, probably of the best I've ever seen. Glad to hear I can replace my ratty old VHS tape. Nice to see a major studio putting it out.