Doh, May have screwed up, opinions please

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Steve_Barrow, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Steve_Barrow

Steve_Barrow Agent

Developing a theater and I was just looking at the cable I pulled, it's RG59, I pulled it for a number of uses: in wall componant video, Cable and sub cable.

Did I shoot myself in the foot? I'm going to guess it should be ok for the comp video, but did I shoot myself in the foot for cable and sub cables?

I should have pulled RG6 I know and not sure what I was thinking. I don't want to tear the walls open again if I can help it but will if I need too.

Any opinions would be appreciated

2. chris_everett

chris_everett Second Unit

Sub cable will be fine.
    Cable TV is iffy. You'll probably be okay, but with digital cable, sat, or cable internet, you may have problems. I would consider how difficult replacing it would be now, versus after I could test it.

3. Steve_Barrow

Steve_Barrow Agent

Thanks Chris;

I think I'm just gonna pickup the RG6 Quad Braided and replace the whole works, if I have to open up the walls, may as well do it all at once.

thanks for the quick reply...It was so fast I'm still kicking myself for the bad choice [​IMG]

4. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    I think I’d wait and see if there’s really a problem before ripping out the walls.. I had a 25’ run of RG-59 in my cable system for a time. I had less-than-great picture on a couple of channels, and that was it. I’ve also been in houses that were completely wired with RG-59 where the picture was fine.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt