What's new

Doh, May have screwed up, opinions please (1 Viewer)

Steve_Barrow

Agent
Developing a theater and I was just looking at the cable I pulled, it's RG59, I pulled it for a number of uses: in wall componant video, Cable and sub cable.

Did I shoot myself in the foot? I'm going to guess it should be ok for the comp video, but did I shoot myself in the foot for cable and sub cables?

I should have pulled RG6 I know and not sure what I was thinking. I don't want to tear the walls open again if I can help it but will if I need too.

Any opinions would be appreciated

chris_everett

Second Unit
Sub cable will be fine.
Cable TV is iffy. You'll probably be okay, but with digital cable, sat, or cable internet, you may have problems. I would consider how difficult replacing it would be now, versus after I could test it.

Steve_Barrow

Agent
Thanks Chris;

I think I'm just gonna pickup the RG6 Quad Braided and replace the whole works, if I have to open up the walls, may as well do it all at once.

thanks for the quick reply...It was so fast I'm still kicking myself for the bad choice :)

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I think I’d wait and see if there’s really a problem before ripping out the walls.. I had a 25’ run of RG-59 in my cable system for a time. I had less-than-great picture on a couple of channels, and that was it. I’ve also been in houses that were completely wired with RG-59 where the picture was fine.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks