What's new

Dogs and Vacuums (1 Viewer)

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
My cats also hate the vacuum cleaner. Most of the time, when it is being run, they will scatter throughout the apartment and hide. But one time, my brother accidentally [??] cornered our "problem child" cat on the cat condo, and he went nuts, attacking the hose attachment, whacking it with his paws, claws up, so fast you could not see them.

P.S. MarkHastings, good ones! "How do you clean your floor with a shotgun?" and "Mental note: Don't go over to Henry's during spring cleaning."

I was getting some mighty strange looks at the cackling I was doing! :D

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
i've always thought it was the back and forth movement, dogs will run at another dog and then back up when they play fight, mine do it too sometimes, but mostly they just hide in their crate until it's over anymore.

one doesn't like the hair dryer, one really likes it after a bath, go figure.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don

I had a Yorkie who LOVED the vacuum cleaner. She actually loved to BE vacuumed. She would run in and investigate whenever she heard it turned on.

She also loved the hair dryer after a bath, but that's because she wanted to keep her posterior as warm as possible She used to sleep with her rear against the radiator when it was BLAZING, and she wouldn't squat outside if the ground was wet.

Definitely the most independent dog I've known...I think she may have been part cat.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member

the dog that loves the hair dryer loves it when you pat her on the ass. She'll start kicking her back leg (while standing) and doing a weird little walking in place thing, or sometimes she'll lay her front half down and start kicking herself in the head.
I think she was dropped on her head as a puppy :b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks