What's new

Dogg hits Ebay (1 Viewer)

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
I know this subject has been beaten to death (sorta like Bose threads) BUT, I was searching for Klipsch on ebay, and what do I see "Dogg Digital Audio Like Klipsch & Polk Audio!" So, I do a search for Dogg Digital, and wall-ah 19 auctions.
So, I browse through a few, most are private auctions, most making outrageous claims(with outrageous prices), most are "new in the box" and are "surplus" or "bought to many,need to sell"

My questions is, should we feel sorry for the people who buy these ??
I mean, if you go to their website, they almost look legit (but if you really look at their warranty coverage, its absolutely ridiculous)
Is there anything "we the people" can do ??

Jeff Ery

Stunt Coordinator
They claim to be worth $2,000 but have known people who bought the for around $200 (probably about what they're worth)..these claims are made by many on-line companies who hype and defnd to the the death (with bravado and arrogance) the value of their product.The differance is that they have inlisted the prey in their hype apparatus (the same people who scoff at the people who bought from the trunk of a car/back of a van)...The one thing that all these people have in common is the feeling that it sounds good in their home and how dare you insinuate they made a poor purchasing decision...the guy who buys a porsche can more easily be convinced that he should have bought a mercedes than the cheap-ass who bought a yugo can be convinced he should have bought a daewoo..."I did my cheap-ass shopping best, how dare you tell me I'm wrong!"...there's a sucker born every minute you can't save 'em all...they're ussually trying to get a $1,000 bang for $200 and are the easiest marks in thew world!

Darren Mortensen

Stunt Coordinator
I saw the DOGGDIGITAL Ebay scams a few months ago, I saw one poor guy bidding some outrageous amount. I sent the guy an email directing him to a RIPOFF SCAM website. Hope he didn't win the bid. But I can't email everyone of them poor souls!

DanielSmi

Second Unit
I wonder if the seller tries to hit up the winning bidder for some beer money afterwards.:laugh: I think that maybe the white van scam people have gone online now, and it's not just people who got ripped off trying to pass them off on someone else.
Daniel Smith

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Yeah. Ebay sent me a letter before warning a buyer about a seller he was dealing with. They said emails of that nature are 'against ebay regulations' and that emails are strictly a buyer/seller forum.
Thats what I asked in my previous post.
A: Should we feel bad for people who buy these.
B: Anything (other than emailing each individual through ebay) that can be done? I guess they are selling "A" product. Just a junky one :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks