What's new

Dogg Digital ..... Is this the next B*se? (1 Viewer)

EdNichols

Second Unit
Was reading the thread on the "White Van Speakers" and looked up the Dogg Digital speaker website. If you read the fine print on the pricing, MSRP does not reflect bonofide selling price in the metro trading area, in other words, (out of the back of vans). After having a few laughs at the Website (they have a whopping 15 day return policy if you pay a $300 return fee, a generous 2 year warranty, if you meet all of their shipping requirements. Maybe they aren't so different than Bose after all, overpriced plastic and paper. Suppose Bose started out in white vans?

Geno

Supporting Actor
ha, i saw a sale for dogg digi's on audiogon the other day.

dude said he got a "great deal on them" but had absolutely no use for them, hmmm is he selling them or did he get hustled. anyway he was trying to sell them for $600 and he actually said he was trying to make a buck off the sale, ha, guess he got huslted and is trying to hustle everyone else

James Zos

Supporting Actor
I posted in another thread about these "speakers" where there were people talking about buying them and trying to wire them up at home only to find out that they were literally empty. Completely hollow. What I want to know is, why does the van always (or almost always) have to be white?
If I hadn't seen so many people posting on this, I would almost assume it was an urban legend. Too bad there aren't consumer-orientated horror movies, like "Friday the 13th," where instead of getting killed, the victims get sold terrifyingly shoddy products...You could call it, oh, I don't know, "The White Van." Imagine Jason with his hockey mask driving an all white van full of hollow Dogg Digital speakers. Man that would be scary. Or you could get the guy in the Captain Kirk mask from the Halloween movies to drive the van.

EdNichols

Second Unit
Actually, I read on ripoffreport.com where some of the vehicles were not white vans, a light colored Explorer, a beige van was also used. It seems that white is the color of choice for "speaker installers that just happen to have an extra set of speakers thay need to sell cheap".

Starman69

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
I was given a pair of Digital Audio 2000 recently. right off the bat I was happy to see that they looked nice. I hooked them up to my amplifier and was blown away at how loud they were, tons of Bass and sounded amazing. I had to take one apart to see what these sucker's had in them 12" woofer 5" midrange and pretty big horn tweeter the magnets were pretty big and the quality was top notch. I was even impressed with the crossovers. Nice speekers I'm happy to have them. Great quality great sound all around great speekers.
I have a pair of pioneer HPM 1100, Realistic MACH Two's, JBL floor standing speekers and another set of pioneers and these speekers are just as good, well not quite as good as the HPM 1100 but close.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks