1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Dogg Digital ..... Is this the next B*se?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by EdNichols, Apr 22, 2003.

1. EdNichols

EdNichols Second Unit

Was reading the thread on the "White Van Speakers" and looked up the Dogg Digital speaker website. If you read the fine print on the pricing, MSRP does not reflect bonofide selling price in the metro trading area, in other words, (out of the back of vans). After having a few laughs at the Website (they have a whopping 15 day return policy if you pay a $300 return fee, a generous 2 year warranty, if you meet all of their shipping requirements. Maybe they aren't so different than Bose after all, overpriced plastic and paper. Suppose Bose started out in white vans?

2. Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon Screenwriter

what thread was this exactly?

3. EdNichols

EdNichols Second Unit

4. Geno

Geno Supporting Actor

ha, i saw a sale for dogg digi's on audiogon the other day.

dude said he got a "great deal on them" but had absolutely no use for them, hmmm is he selling them or did he get hustled. anyway he was trying to sell them for $600 and he actually said he was trying to make a buck off the sale, ha, guess he got huslted and is trying to hustle everyone else

5. James Zos

James Zos Supporting Actor

I posted in another thread about these "speakers" where there were people talking about buying them and trying to wire them up at home only to find out that they were literally empty. Completely hollow. What I want to know is, why does the van always (or almost always) have to be white?
    If I hadn't seen so many people posting on this, I would almost assume it was an urban legend. Too bad there aren't consumer-orientated horror movies, like "Friday the 13th," where instead of getting killed, the victims get sold terrifyingly shoddy products...You could call it, oh, I don't know, "The White Van." Imagine Jason with his hockey mask driving an all white van full of hollow Dogg Digital speakers. Man that would be scary. Or you could get the guy in the Captain Kirk mask from the Halloween movies to drive the van.

6. EdNichols

EdNichols Second Unit

Actually, I read on ripoffreport.com where some of the vehicles were not white vans, a light colored Explorer, a beige van was also used. It seems that white is the color of choice for "speaker installers that just happen to have an extra set of speakers thay need to sell cheap".