Dog Problem

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Colton, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Colton

Colton Supporting Actor

For some reason, our dog will NOT use our backyard to poop. She'll pee, but not poop unless we take her to a field. Is there something we can do that will make her use the backyard?

- Colton

2. Evan M.

Evan M. Supporting Actor

Is the field near the backyard? Are you with her when she poops? Sometimes dogs (believe it or not) do not like to poop in front of people.....almost like they are "gun shy" LOL. Do you keep her on a leash when you take her out? If she goes out on her own maybe try to hide from her view when it is time to take her out and she if she goes in the backyard. Personaly if it were me I would rather her poop in a field anyday over a backyard. What we did with our 2 Greyhounds was make a small 12'x18' fenced in poop pen in the yard right off the deck. They go in there only. I clean it every 3-4 days and I have no poop in the yard and no dead spots of grass caused by pee. Heck, count your blessings......my friends dog refuses to poop outside period........

3. Colton

Colton Supporting Actor

The field isn't near the backyard. It's a few blocks away. She has no problem with me being nearby when she poops - she's definately not "gun shy". I take her off the leash when she goes sniffing for a spot to do her business. It's just frustrating to have to take her twice a day to go poop when it's either cold and rainy or snowing.

- Colton

4. Andrew W

Andrew W Supporting Actor

Maybe bring some back and "seed" the corners of your backyard?

5. Mark Paquette

Mark Paquette Supporting Actor

You mentioned the field is a couple of blocks from your house, so maybe your dog just needs a good walk before takinng care of business.