What's new

Dog+going on the grass=no grass. (1 Viewer)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
They sell that at the pet supply store I used to work at. It was one of our all time worst selling items. We couldn't give it away.

Does it work? I have no idea.

Is it safe for your dog? Not sure how safe it is, but I can guarantee it's worse for your dog than NOT giving it to him, since it must by nature alter his/her body chemistry in an abnormal way. I would also be concerned with any item that lowers urinary pH (assuming that's what it does) to an abnormal level as this can cause all manner of bladder and/or urinary problems.

I'd recommend one of the following courses of action:

- Accept the fact that you will never have the most beautiful lawn in the neighborhood.

- Rip out the lawn and put in some kind of gravel.

- Ensure your dog does his business in a designated spot, either by taking him there or training him to.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
My grass is the thickest and greenest where my dog urinates daily. I wonder why that is? She is a small dog and she uses about a 10x20 foot area where her leash reaches. So maybe it's a matter of a little is a good thing, too much in the exact same spot is not.

Mark Hayenga

Supporting Actor

That's exactly what it is. A little nitrogen is a good thing, too much burns the grass. About all you can really do is hose down the area she went in to dilute it a bit.

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys.

As per the advice from the local hardware store, I will be mixing "Miracle Grow" in with her water...

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
That's a joke, right?
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks