Dog+going on the grass=no grass.

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by ChrisHeflen, Apr 3, 2006.

1. ChrisHeflen

ChrisHeflen Supporting Actor

2. Rain

Rain Producer

They sell that at the pet supply store I used to work at. It was one of our all time worst selling items. We couldn't give it away.

Does it work? I have no idea.

Is it safe for your dog? Not sure how safe it is, but I can guarantee it's worse for your dog than NOT giving it to him, since it must by nature alter his/her body chemistry in an abnormal way. I would also be concerned with any item that lowers urinary pH (assuming that's what it does) to an abnormal level as this can cause all manner of bladder and/or urinary problems.

I'd recommend one of the following courses of action:

- Accept the fact that you will never have the most beautiful lawn in the neighborhood.

- Rip out the lawn and put in some kind of gravel.

- Ensure your dog does his business in a designated spot, either by taking him there or training him to.

3. Bryan X

Bryan X Producer

My grass is the thickest and greenest where my dog urinates daily. I wonder why that is? She is a small dog and she uses about a 10x20 foot area where her leash reaches. So maybe it's a matter of a little is a good thing, too much in the exact same spot is not.

4. Mark Hayenga

Mark Hayenga Supporting Actor

That's exactly what it is. A little nitrogen is a good thing, too much burns the grass. About all you can really do is hose down the area she went in to dilute it a bit.

5. ChrisHeflen

Thanks guys.

As per the advice from the local hardware store, I will be mixing "Miracle Grow" in with her water...

6. Rain

Rain Producer

That's a joke, right? [​IMG]

7. ChrisHeflen

It will be, if it doesn't work..