What's new

Doesn't A&E offer "megaset" boxes for those of us who bought individual releases? (1 Viewer)

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I just saw the box art for the complete "Kids in the Hall" release on tvshowsondvd.com and I was excited for two reasons:

1: there are no additional discs, it's the same 20 discs I own from buying the five seasons individually

2: I seem to remember reading that unlike other companies, A&E has been known to make empty boxes available when they would take a bunch of individual releases and throw them into a megaset.

"The Kids in the Hall" is the only A&E product I own on DVD and I'm having a hard time finding any info on any of these instances of their other megaset box offers but I'm 99% sure that it's something I've heard of them doing. I tried searching for a thread here under "+A&E +box" and got nothing and searching on Google brings up a bunch of results about the full boxsets.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
In the past A&E would send out a box for those who bought the complete series. I have them for Space:1999 and Upstairs/Downstairs. The only issue was that the reissues didn't use the same packaging as the originals, ie Thinpaks instead of keepcases, or double keepcases instead of singles, meaning that you couldn't just put what you had inside the box without altering the packaging some way.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Seasons 1-4 are available at retail and Season 5 is available at kidsinthehall.com and will be available at retail in about 4 months.

That's not a problem if the pic at tvshowsondvd.com is accurate. I'm not doubting that it's a legit pic but it's clearly a photoshop approximation as opposed to a photograph of the actual product itself but it clearly shows the exact same 20 thinpacks that I own from the 5 individual seasons in a larger box. This definitely seems like a case where the box would accomodate what's already been released.

edit:

the official pic (hosted at my photobucket, I know Gord hates it when people steal his bandwidth)

and my KITH discs:

Also, I e-mailed Gord about it and he said that he hadn't heard of A&E doing this for a while but he'd ask them about it in this case. He was involved in the KITH releases and if he can't get it done than it's a lost cause.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks