What's new

Does Your Spouse/SO appreciate your HT? (1 Viewer)

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Does your spouse/significant other appreciate your HT or berate it? My wife is always calling my HT "ridiculous" or too much etc. On the flip side though she doesn't give me too much of a hard time about upgrading and what not:). Also, she does like to watch movies with me but gives me a hard time about turning up the volume:frowning:What does your SO think?

Robert G

Stunt Coordinator
My wife does not like to spend money and therefore does not like me to either. So, upgrades are a little bumpy sometimes. As for the HT itself she likes it MUCH better since we moved and I have a dedicated room. Before it was in the living room and she loathed it. We are both much happier with the dedicated HT and she actually enjoys movies with me more than before.

Kendal Kirk

Stunt Coordinator
Hell NO!!! When we first got married, she would give in and go window shopping with me. Now that I have started bring stuff home, she just shakes her head. You should have seen the reaction that I got when I brought home my projector:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Michael Caicedo

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Caicedo
Wow George, you really hit the lotto :) My wife appreciates our HT, but will occasionally protest over upgrades. She cuts me some slack though, since it's the only thing I really spend money on and get so much enjoyment out of. The good news: I think I've convinced her that our next house we'll have a HT room :D Woohoo!

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
She likes it a lot better now that it's in a dedicated room!

She didn't like the speakers hanging on the wall, the speaker stands are an eyesore,that sub thingie is ridiculously big,blah, blah, blah.

Now that it's in MY room, she misses it in the living room, so I dug up the old Kenwood HTB I started out with a few years ago and made her a surround set up in the Living room. Geez......Go Figure!

However, now she is the first one to say: Show 'em your theater hon.

I think maybe she had an issue of the HT taking too much of my time or something.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Many times Sandra would walk in the room look around at my dvds and home theater setup, than looks sadly at me and shrugs, I shrug back and grin stupidly, than when she's in the mood to watch a dvd, she walks up to the shelves, looks carefully at each dvd and goes ...rubbish, rubbish, rubbish, hmmm ok, crap, shit, crap, balls, rubbish, thhhpt, eeek Showgirls??, and so on...
Than she would say something like "Stevo why don't you have any good films?", and I'm sitting there furiously biting into a cushion trying to control my anger, it gets worse, she picks a dvd opens the case hands me the disc as if she is holding a biscuit, I gingerly take the dvd from her hands, she's looking on strangely, I get a tissue wipe her fingerprints off the disc and pop it into the dvd player, smoke coming out of my ears.
ps. I love Sandra very much, and we get along well most of the time.:D

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Hehe, I'm in college and am already telling my g/f, future wife, that whatever house we get, it WILL have a dedicated H/T room. She really doesn't mind, because this means that she will have the other TV all to herself. That's fine with me!
Actually I'm almost to the point that if I had to choose g/f or HT room, I would sure miss her! :D :D
Thanks for getting me addicted to HT! Now look what you all have done! :)

Steve Russell

Stunt Coordinator
She enjoys the theater but dislikes the amount of money spent on it. Although I would be hard pressed to know which she dislikes more: the 9k+ I have spent on the HT or the 3k+ I am spending on the new engine for my muscle car. I guess she likes the theater more than the car.

RogerB

Second Unit
YES! She even suggested I get a projector instead of the RPTV I was considering. She was fully supportive during construction (and massive spending). On the other hand, she doesn't approve of spending money on DVD's. :frowning: While it's true we watch most titles only once, there's something about ownership that she will never understand.

TimDoss

Second Unit
Yes, she loves it and loves showing it off to friends/family when they visit. She doesn't even mind the collecting of DVD's... and is so happy with what I've done with it, tells me that she

doesn't mind if I want to upgrade anything, because it's obvious I know

what I'm doing. Gotta love that.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
While my wife may not agree with how much I've (we now) spent, she definately appreciates the quality viewing/sound from it.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
She does, although not as much as I do of course. She enjoys the new movies and does not question me about buying new ones, then again, I don't buy very many anyway except for the last few months.

joe goswami

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe Goswami
I feel all your pains, guys. My wife thinks I'm nuts yet lets me do whatever I want (she knows I'll do it anyway - with or without her approval).

Upgrades are a touchy subject provided I don't break the bank in doing so (who are we kidding here?). She is hearing impaired (no joke) yet is sensitive to frequency response. Its funny when she gives me shit for cranking YES's Key toAscension yet when she watches her Luis Miguel concert DVD at the 12 o'clock position its OK!!!!

My wife does appreciate our home theatre since we built the dediciated room together.

Hey,so long as Junior has clean diapers and baby food, and we're not going hungry, what the hell right?

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
My wife thinks the whole HT thing is cool but hates how much money I spend on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks