What's new

Does your Sony LCD tv do this? (1 Viewer)

ericJed

Agent
I have a Sony 50 inch LCD rear projection tv. Model number kdfe 50A10.
I am seeing something odd and I was wondering if ALL LCD t.v's do this or not.
What I am seeing is pixeling in the color ,not the signal but the color of back grounds .Like in baseball,football the green of the grass look almost like its pixeling. In a tv show or movie the color of the wall behind a person will do it to.Again, its not the hole picture doing it just colors in the back ground.
Any thoughts?
The TV is 3 months old.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
can you describe "pixeling" more?

Are you seeing macroblocks?

Do you see this on all sources, or only on some? Is it visible on high entropy images/fast motion stuff or all the time?

ericJed

Agent
Yes on all inputs. I see it all the time. Also I see a swarling effect in the picture too.
What is microblocks?

craig_curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Craig
sounds like screen door effect to me. I have the 42 inch version of the same tv, and occasionally see it as well - especially in areas of solid color or if I'm sitting too close to the tv. Its one of the reasons some people don't get LCD rear-pro tv's

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
marco blocks are larger compression blocks that can appear if the source is bit-rate starved.

However, I would have to agree with the last poster, it sounds more like screen door effect than macroblocks. Throw up a white test pattern, do you still see the effect of pixels? If so, it just sounds like you're seeing the pixel grid. Nothing to do about that besides sit farther away from the display or buy a display that supports closer viewing ratios.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks