What's new

Does your Denon DCM-380 HDCD Light work? (1 Viewer)

JohnMW

Second Unit
Real Name
John
I picked up a Denon DCM-380 from eCost a few weeks ago for 93.00 shipped. It arrived in excellent condition and only had a couple of spots on the top where a previous component was placed. This was not a big deal since my DVD-2200 is resting on top of it in my rack.

The DCM-380 has HDCD in white lettering above the REMOTE SENSOR location. I noticed that there is a small rectangular box below HDCD, and it looks like it might be a LED.

DCM-380 picture

I searched the user manual and it does not reference any LED in this area. However, in the main display window HDCD lights up in red when a HDCD is played. I called Denon tech support and he didn't know. :b

Is the small recangular box suppposed to light up as well?

GarAlb

Stunt Coordinator
I have a DCM-370 that lights up green below the HDCD lettering (above the remote sencor) when a HDCD disc is played. I belive they are the same units, with the addition of MP3 decoding on the DCM-380. Hopes this helps.....

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
I'm not sure what you're asking. I have the DCM-380. A red LED to the right of the white HDCD label does light up. The light might actually appear to the right of the vertical disc indicators (1,2,3,4,5 inside ovals). I don't remember exactly, but the light does work.

Doug

JohnMW

Second Unit
Real Name
John
GarAlb, does HDCD light up in in the main LCD display on the 370 or just the LED above the remote sensor location?

Doug, yes the HDCD lights up red in the main LCD display window to the right of the vertical disc indicators. However you have white lettering that says HDCD above REMOTE SENSOR to the left of the main LCD display. Take a look at the picture below for a better description of the possible LED I am referring to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks