Does your cable/satellite company get Boomerang?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Danny Knapp, Sep 9, 2001.

1. Danny Knapp

Danny Knapp Stunt Coordinator

Aug 14, 2001
    I read a post earlier that mentioned Boomerang and it got me thinking...
    Time Warner Cable in the Hudson Valley doesn't get it. I really enjoy the old cartoons like Johnny Quest and Superfriends, so it would be excellent for me. I wish it was available. The newest channel we're getting on digital cable (I believe) is....Women's Entertainment. I have nothing against entertainment for women but I'd rather watch the Superfriends over Oprah any day of the week!
    Anybody else out there not get channels they really want?
    I've tried calling the cable companies but I'm just one person. But I'm sure it's only a matter of time before they add it.
    I dislike Tom Green!
  2. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

Mar 6, 2001
    My tale of cable woe is getting better but its still crap compared to other cities in my region. I live in Eastern Oklahoma and am in the small percentages that cannot get UPN or the WB, even though the affiliates are available. My cable company will not sit and sign an agreement with the channels that come out of Tulsa or Ft. Smith... which wouldn't be too bad but the affiliates' signals are too weak to receive on antenna. But my cable company, Classic Cable, is making improvements and adding channels (compared to the monolithic system left them by TCI they are like gods!).... its just some of their choices make me want to pull my hair out. We get every Discovery Channel (H&L, Health, Wings, etc) known to man, but not TLC or Animal Planet. We get VH1 Classic Rock & Country and Much Music USA but not the plain Behind-the-Music-every-hour VH1. When digital cable was offered here last fall I finally got to know the feeling of seeing Farscape from the comfort of my living room on the Sci-Fi Channel, but no Cartoon Network, Comedy Central (what am I gonna do about the new season of Ab Fab?), or other channels that are taken for granted as honest to god basic channels.
    And since I live in an apartment complex, DirecTV and all its evil minions are out of the question.