What's new

Does Xbox allow Surround hook up threw Coaxial? (1 Viewer)

Mike_Craft

Stunt Coordinator
EDIT: I just found one of these http://www.av-cables.net/digitalaudi...html?iorb=4764 (first item) can any1 recommend one of these? I mean a spliter would actually do fine for me since I would never have my xbox and DVD player on at the same time

I just bout an Xbox.. now Im wondering how I should hook it up to my reciver. I already got my Sony DVD player hooked up to my recievers Optical input and I only have 1 optical and 1 coaxial. Is there anything I can buy for my xbox to allow Coaxial out?

Also.. I remember seeing a while back a component video switch box that was made basically for xbox and was cheap like $30. does any1 have a link to something like this? cause if not then I gotta hook my xbox up via Svideo cause i only have 1 component video input on My TV and its being used by my DVD player.

Marc Bax

Second Unit
I bought a splitter that looked exactly like that one for $5 at Radio Shack. I was trying to use it on my Tivo and Xbox, it didn't work at all for me. It would play the Xbox audio but when you tried the Tivo (with the Xbox off of course) it got nothing. I know it wasn't my Tivo or the optical cable because hooking it straight into the stereo works fine. Not sure why it wouldn't work but just a word of warning. You might wanna try the Radio Shack version, it looks to be the exact same thing and it's easier to return if need be.

Mike_Craft

Stunt Coordinator
thanks for the info. but I went to radio shack and they said they sold no such device. Although they looked puzzeld like they didnt even know what a toslink cable was. I looked and couldent find it either. There is an auction on ebay that claims it works in reverse. perhaps you version does not allow it tho?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...sPageName=WDVW

they also have this http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...PcY_BIN_Stores

which im 100% sure would work. which one do u think i should get? cause $30 is a little much for just 1 extra device. or perhaps u know of some local stores that would sell these other then radio shack? I live in the greater toronto area.

Marc Bax

Second Unit
Well I'm postive that's where I got it (and it was supposed to work both ways). It was about 6 months ago. Those RS clerks are idiots though. I only found this on their site (I've also seen this version in their stores). It looks to be similar to the expensive one on Ebay. They may have stopped carrying the smaller version. As for other stores I can't think of any.

Mike_Craft

Stunt Coordinator
thanks for the info. Its 19.99 here in canada for that selector. a little overpriced but its ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks