What's new

Does Video Essentials have a frequency sweep? (1 Viewer)

Mal P

Stunt Coordinator
Hi there,

I was wondering if Video Essentials has a frequency sweep for each channel that sweeps through from 20hz to 1khz or so... I need to test the cross-over point of my receiver.

Thanks,

Mal

PaulKH

Second Unit
The Ultimate DVD Platinum set has pretty lame video tests IMHO, but the audio stuff is GREAT. Lots of sweeps, pair channel tests, etc. I got it at Circuit City for $19.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
dv7001.gif

DVD Spectacular does, 1 test sweep for each channel. Dolby Labs consulted with its creation.
Works great testing the cross-over transition blend via an SPL Meter. Its amazing how many small speakers don't have usable frequency below 105 Hz - as documented by Sound & Vision! Running the 20Hz to 20 kHz sweep for each channel audibly reveals that limitation.
NOTE: Due to my freebie GeoCities Website popularity, its not uncommon that my web site has exceeded its allocated data transfer. If you see "Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!", just bookmark it and try it after an hour or so. Sorry about that, . . . so I'm cheap!
Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks