What's new

does UPS deliver on the weekend? (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Hey all, I'm expecting something to be arriving at my house through UPS soon. UPS has already done their deliveries in my parts today but didn't bring me my package.

This leads me to my question, since I didn't recieve my package today is there a chance that I could recieve it tommorow or Sunday.

In short does UPS deliver on weekends? thanks.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
There is a special charge for "saturday delivery". If you didn't pay extra for it, don't expect it.

Did the shipper give you a tracking number? The UPS tracking website is very helpful and will tell you when they plan to deliver the package.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle

unfortunately no, it is a replacement cell phone from my carrier (T-Mobile) since my current one seems to be having battery issues. I spoke to them at the beginning of the week and they said they would be sending it via UPS. I waited until yesterday when I still hadn't seen it arrive and called up CS again, that rep said it looked like it would ship soon and to possibly expect it either last night or today.

Oh well! I guess I'll have to wait until Tuesday and if it hasn't shown up than give them a call.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Not to be an intelligent donkey about this, but did you ever consider calling UPS or going to their website rather than asking here? :)

I realize that the HTF is the fountain of all wisdom, and that you can, in fact, get almost any question answered here, but talking to the source might be quicker. ;)

Yes, UPS does deliver on Saturdays provided that service is requested and paid for. (I think they even deliver on Sundays - ditto - for things like Mother's Day and Christmas, though this may vary by area.) If whoever sent you the battery did indeed use UPS then they can - and should - provide you with a tracking number on request. Chances are they didn't pay for Saturday delivery, but you can still use the UPS tracking number to see your package as it goes through each stage of its journey from pick up at the shipper's location to regional distribution center to being placed on some carrier's truck to who signed for it when.

Last week I received the first of two shipments from Dell computer at my office and by the time I got back to my desk from the front door where I'd signed for it and logged on to check when my second package would be delivered, the website already showed the delivery of the first box, the time and my name as the person who signed for it. :)

Regards,

Joe

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle

I did happen to call UPS today before I saw the truck go by without making a stop at my house. I didn't think to ask them about weekend deliveries because I was hoping the UPS truck today would have my shipment. I'll try calling my carrier again and seeing if they do have a tracking # for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks