Does this wire converter exist?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Josh Davidson, Dec 20, 2001.

1. Josh Davidson

Josh Davidson Stunt Coordinator

My receiver has two digital audio inputs. One is for a coaxial cable and the other is for optical cables. However, both devices I would like to use digital audio for have optical outputs. Is there a such thing as a convertor that will convert one of the optical cables into a coaxial cable?

2. John Kotches

John Kotches Cinematographer

Yes. I believe Audio Authority makes an inexpensive coax/toslink convertor.

Fostex also makes one.

Regards,

3. Ashok

Ashok Agent

4. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Parts Express has one in their new catalog but not on their web site. I'll look up the part number and price when I get home. IIRC, it was less than $15.

-Robert

5. Josh Davidson

Hey guys, I don't know if what was posted would work. I need to go from optical to coaxial. It looks like the stuff from parts express is the other way around.

6. PomingF

PomingF Second Unit

Josh, looks like you can either get an optical-to-coaxial adapter or a multi-input optical switch. You can find both on Markertek.com with parts numbers AA977R & ADS-1000. You can use the search function with the part numbers.

Btw, the prices ($57.99) for the AA977R & AA977T are wrong on their website for they are listed $37.99 in the catalog fact that it only costs $54.99 for the kit which includes an adaptor, power supply ($14.99) & cable make the error quite obvious.

Good luck.

PF

7. Josh Davidson

Does anyone know if any other site or retail location(preferable due to shipping costs) that carries a 6v 500ma ac-dc adaptor with a 1.7mm X 4.0mm end since Parts Express is out of stock?