Does this exist: faulty Avia??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Levesque, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Levesque

Levesque Supporting Actor

I did an Avia calibration for the color on my TV, and then my brother-in-law took it home for his new TV, and brake it (it's not childproof...). He bought me a brand new one, so the next day I just put it in the DVD to be sure it's ok. With the 1st disk, 2 days before, the setting (by Avia) for the colors was 46, and perfect. With the new disk, I have to crank it to 76 (by Avia) to see the square stop flashing!!! Colors are awful and way to high!!! I've try it on my other TV, with a different DVD-player, with the same result, colors way to high...

Is it possible to have a "faulty" color pattern on Avia??

2. Brent Hutto

Brent Hutto Supporting Actor

Anything's possible but that would strike me a very, very odd. Any manufacturing defect in the Avia DVD would result in it not playing or something like that. There would need to have been a whole batch of them mastered with something incorrect and that would be odd for a product that's been on the market for years.

No insult intended but it seems much more likely that you're setting something different on the DVD player(s). But if you've double-checked everything I guess the next step is to find yet another copy of Avia, preferably an older one, and compare.

3. Levesque

Levesque Supporting Actor

I didn't change any setting on the DVD-player in those 2 days. That's the interesting part!!! The color pattern with the flashing squares has to be put insanely high to stop flashing, and I can't even look at a film with this setting.
    Really funny. But at almost 100$ cdn dollars, I think I will try to exchange it...