Does this bother you? (HUMOR)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Hayes, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Scott Hayes

Scott Hayes Second Unit

I have read so many posts were there are long verbose rants with inordinatly long word usage in a discussion that is something silly like improper word usage or the inability for some people to spell or ghost stories and the impact ghosts and unknown phenomena makes on our eveyday lives or black holes or alien life or inconsistancies in movies or funny newstories or sports or proper punctuation or ydslexia or proper thinking or any other small little topic somebody comes up with. What is it with everybody? Doesnt anybody have anything better to due than sit around at your computers and type? Does anybody still watch movies or play with thier kids or have sex or wash the car or do laundry or read books or go to work or fiddle with the stero or masturbate or talk to the neighbor or go to the store or work on their car or go grocery shopping or visit relatives or go to the bar or watch the night sky or collect comic books or save jars of urine and or feces or make large balls of string or take the wife/husband out or cover themselves head to toe with vaseline or anything. Instead of enjoying life we sit around at our computers and have long winded discussions with people we have never met about inane subject matter. What satisfaction can be gained from sitting around and typing forever and ever and ever and ever about useless subjects? There is so much more to life than long boring rants about long boring rants. I'm not sure what the amswer is to never ending rants about nothing, but I am sure that the answer is not sitting at the computer all day and night, hour after hour, day after day week after week month after month year after year typing a longwinded exposition on our personel beliefs on ordinary subjects. We must take a stand against this or we will end up sitting around the computer our whole lives saying nothing. Meanwhile life goes on without us, flowers will grow, our children will run wild our hair will grow long and unkept our nails will become long and dangerous our teeth will fall out our spoken language will be forgotten our leaders will make bad desicions our eyes will fail do to electromagnet radiation (great, I never should have shouldhave brought up electromagnet radiation, Now someone will give us a rant about electromagnet radiation and the evil it presents to our national health care system or a rant how electromagnet radiation is just a big lie made up by corporations who make electro magnet radiation protective devices)our corpses will be found in the sitting positiona at some computer console in our homes. The long boring rant must end. I propose from this day forth we strongly object to the rant and all of its cousins such as the sermon or lecture or essay or argument or debate or whatever. This must end.

2. Travis D

Travis D Second Unit

Don't you have anything better to do than writing a rant about rants? And don't I have anything better than reply to you? I guess not. [​IMG]
    BTW - If that was a serious rant then you are a douche. But hopefully the sarcasm I detected was real.

3. John Beavers

John Beavers Second Unit

4. Scott Hayes

Scott Hayes Second Unit

It is my attempt at humor, I hope you all enjoy it.

5. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Ditto.

6. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Sorry Scott. I just couldn't finish it! [​IMG]

7. BrianW

BrianW Cinematographer

Brian
    I still wash the car from time to time.

8. Dheiner

Dheiner Gazoo

John Dhein
    I'm gonna log off, to go try that Vaseline thingy!

9. David Susilo

David Susilo Screenwriter

What else can I do during company time?

10. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Cinematographer

I think it was more irony than sarcasm...wait...that's the other thread.

Anyway, I happen to make time for both posting longwinded rants and saving jars of urine. If I had to give one up, I just don't know what I would do.

Jon

11. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

Carlo with the great "Blazing Saddles" gag. I never get enough of that one. [​IMG]