Does the Yamaha RXV 2400 incorperate Dolby Prologic IIx

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Mike Peveler, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Mike Peveler

Mike Peveler Stunt Coordinator

The header says it all I've seen different reports some say that this reviever has this feature and some say it doesn't. Can anyone answer this definitivly.

2. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

The box it comes in and also the receiver itself should have a sticker that says wether it has DPL IIx. By now I would assume Yamaha has all their receivers upgraded and selling with this feature.

Kevin

3. Brent_j

Brent_j Stunt Coordinator

I have it on my 2400, use the "program" dial, your display should have PLIIx for "movie" "music" and "game"
    also, i had a white paper separate from the owners manual in the box the receiver came in telling me the different options i had for PLIIx.

4. Michael Brand

I just bought a Yamaha 1400, and DPLIIX is now printed on the box (no sticker). From what I have read, all of the 1400's and 2400's since last fall were made with DPLIIX. There MIGHT be some unauthorized on-line dealers with the older models, so be careful there. I actually bought mine from an unauthorized dealer, but made sure they understood if it did not have DPLIIX printed on the outside of the box, it was going back, unopened.

They're great receivers, I really like mine.[​IMG]

5. Mike Peveler

Mike Peveler Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for clearing up the confusion my local dealer's display unit did not have IIx.