Does the Xbox allow you to...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Micheal, Nov 19, 2001.

1. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

Does the Xbox allow you to turn off all static images on the screen like scores or a health meter? Or is that strictly a software option? If so does Halo have that option?

Thanks,

P.S. Does the Gamecube have this option?

2. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

This post won't answer your question directly but Im assuming you ask about the static images because you have a RPTV? If not, Im sorry - ignore this...

I have been playing my PS2 on my RPTV for about 6 months and have had absolutely no problem with burn in. I've played mostly sports games but I've also played Red Faction and just about every genre available. Of course, everything in moderation. After about an hour and a half or so, I always at least pause the unit and shut off the TV for 15 minutes (just to be safe). Hope this helps somewhat.

3. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

I have a Marquee 8000 CRT Projector so I want to be VERY careful when dealing with static images. Thanks for your reply though...
    Somebody must have an answer for me.. [​IMG]

4. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

Check my response to your post in the Software thread--I don't believe Halo, specifically, lets one turn off the static images. I also didn't see anything in the console setup screen to suggest that the Xbox can do it globally across games, either.

Don't know about the GCN, though.

5. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

Thanks Dave. Anyone else know if the Gamecube (or any of it's games) has this option?

Thanks,

6. Rex Bills

Rex Bills Auditioning

"Oddworld: Munch's Odyssey" has no static images. Lots of fun, too. Great 5.1 audio.

7. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

This wouldn't be a hardware thing, but more of a software thing. It has to be put in the game.