Does the world really need another ET site? We hope so :)

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by DeathStar1, Aug 12, 2005.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Hey all,

My original site has become rather stale as of late, and I was thinking of ways to liven it up a bit. About the only section that was being updated regularly was the Interviews page. So, I figured if you're interested in one franchise, you're more than likley interested in others of the same genre as well, so that's we're the idea for twelveocklock.net came from.

The idea behind the site is to be an 'Entertainment Nexus', where various fan groups come together to discuss different topics and run their own sites on those topics.

For instance, if someone has alot of Knight Rider contacts and wants to start a site, they could sign up with us, use our news page to post their news, and create a site based on Knight Rider interviews.

Or if someone wanted to start a 'David Letterman Show Trip' report site, they could create an episode listing of recent shows, and people could post their reviews of the shows they attended.

The main page will also have lots of entertainement, radio, tv, movie news and just plain weird stories that we come across on the net.

As of now, we're looking for reporters [​IMG]. It's a non paying gig, so you have to do it because you want to [​IMG]. If you see an interesting media news item, wether it be on Thundercats, Batman, Simpsons, Ghostbusters, Tom and Katie, Madonna, etc....let us know and we'll make you a site reporter. We're also looking for someone who can do a good video game or DVD review.

Oh, I'm also looking for site reviews on the new site design, but I'll post that in the computer forum since I think it's more appropriate there..

That's it for now, so if anyone can help out, please LMK either through reply or PM.

Thanks!
    Neil

2. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Hey all, the site is, sort of, operational!

http://www.etnexus.com is operating fully. http://www.twelveoclock.net is resolved, but currently pointing to the wrong site, so hopefully that'll be fixed soon.

As of current, I'm busy converting all my old NinjaTurtleNetwork.com sites to the new design. And, beleive it or not, we just signed up our first celebrity blogger! Stephenie McMahon has expressed intrested in giving it a try, so we'll see how it goes.

I've approached Ernie Hudson, Winston Zeddmore of the Ghostbusters, to see if he'd be interested in doing one as well, but I havn't heard back from him. Nor have I heard back from Cam Clarke, voice of Classic Leonardo. Hopefully some of thse guys will come through for us and have the time to help out.

We're still looking for entertainment reporters. An extra plus is if you have studio contacts who want t oget out and promote their stuff on a site that ge ts at least 1,000 visits per week [​IMG].

We're also looking for DVD Reviewers. I'm going to attempt to do a few myself, and we'll see how well they turn out.

Finally, we're looking for a technical reporter. Someone who can report on the latest gadgets such as Plasmas TV's, Multi Remote control reviews, DVD Recorders, etc. Someone who really knows there stuff and can write interesting articles is needed.

If you can help out, please contact me at [email protected]

Thanks !