What's new

Does the THX setup on Star Wars Ep.II do the same thing as AVIA? (1 Viewer)

Tom Borcherding

Auditioning
I saw that my DVD of Episode II Attack of the Clones has a section where you can set your system to the optimum settings (ie. contrast, tint, etc.) Is this the same thing as AVIA? I have heard a lot of people talk about AVIA to calibrate your system. If you have the Star Wars DVD, do you still need the AVIA for additional settings? If so, where would I find the AVIA DVD?

This is just something I was wondering about and would appreciate any help.

Tom

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Apparently, the thx optimizer on your Star Wars disc is tailored specifically for the featured movie.

Nevertheless, the settings you end up with after running through its tests ought to be useful for other discs.

Although the thx optimizer on certain other discs such as that on Fight Club may be considered more accurate by some.

AVIA is similar though more comprehensive, advanced, and generally valued more than the thx optimizer.

Dennis Thai

Auditioning
Tom, you can purchase the AVIA DVD on Amazon for about $37. I just bought mine from there, still awaiting arrival.

Jose G

Supporting Actor
The S&V home tune up is less expensive and has rear ch. tones as well for a 6.1 system, which the avia does not have. It's fine for the basic audio/video tune up. Avia is more in depth on the video side and has more demo material.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks