Does the Pioneer Elite DV-47A have built in bass management?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Dahl, Feb 25, 2002.

1. Dave Dahl

Dave Dahl Stunt Coordinator

I have heard that it will not. Which, in my humble opinion, is the dumbest decision Pioneer could have made. Why would anyone buy a universal DVD/DVD-A/SACD player without built in bass management? I certainly would not.

-Dave

2. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

i'll prolly buy one and just get an outlaw icbm to mate it with. of course, i'm still awaiting the reviews which should be forthcoming as the unit is due to be released any day now.

kevin t

3. StaceyS

StaceyS Stunt Coordinator

Because the bass management belongs in the pre/pro, not the player. They would to have to include a dedicated DSP chip, like the one in your pre/pro, which will add to the cost. The other option is to use a simple analog LPF after the D/A. This will give you one or two choices at xover.

The current plan is to perform the BM and TA in the pro/pro. Only MLP decoding will be done in the DVD-A player.

4. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

Stacey, I agree that it should be done in the pre/pro/receiver,but so is the DSD/MLP decoding which would require the players with digital output. Maybe one day!

5. Mike_Ch

Mike_Ch Stunt Coordinator

6. Don Wheeler

Don Wheeler Extra

A bit of differnce in opinions I have one ordered so I can judge for myself sometime soon.

7. Stan T

Stan T Stunt Coordinator

I should receive mine any day now. I'm really looking forward to getting into SACD. I currently have the Pioneer Elite DV-38A & have been enjoying DVD-audio.

You can pair it with the Pioneer Elite VSX-49TX receiver which gives you bass management on the multi-channel analog in on the receiver. I believe that is why Pioneer decided not to offer bass management on the player. When I purchased the receiver & used the bass management through the receiver you wouldn't believe the difference in sound with DVD-audio. Unbelievable difference.

I'm getting mine through Soundpros.com They will have it for $750 shipping included. I order all my Pioneer Elite equipment through them. Great service & hard to beat their prices. Scott & Gary are great to deal with.