What's new

Does the Outlaw 950 have a headphone jack? (1 Viewer)

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I just realized I have never heard it mentioned and I can't tell for sure from the photos. Anyone know?

J

John Morris

No! I too wish it had one but only if it also had Dolby Headphone. I found, that for CD/SACD playback via headphone, I much preferred the music when my headphones were plugged directly into the headphone jack on the source unit. Unfortunately, if your source doesn't have a headphone output, you may be forced to buying and using something like the Sennheiser DSP-360 and running it off of the 950s second zone output. I bought one of these units for my notebook computer and it cost me less than $30. Check out Sennheiser or Ubid(who always seems to be selling them) for more info.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I have a set of Sennhiesser HD600 phones. I do eventually want to get a quality headphone amp for them. But I was hoping I could put that off a while. If the 950 doesn't have a headphone jack I won't be able to if I want to enjoy my HD600 phones. I'll have to make sure I have that several $100 CDN extra it will take to get a quality headphone amp.
I was thinking more along the lines of ordering one of these. Either the Corda or the Porta Corda.
http://www.meier-audio.com/

J

John Morris

Either the Corda or the Porta Corda.
Dustin: I've heard of some good results using the HD600s and the Porta Corda. You also might want to ask Jan himself before you order from him. While talking with Jan, you might also ask him about the replacement silver(?)headphone cord for the HD600s. If you can come up with $200 more, I've heard that the new MG Head OTL has been getting rave reviews when paired with the HD600s. Joe, the Asian engineer who designs and builds these units can give you some good advice on this unit as well as Divergent Tech, who I think is the distributor for these amps in NA.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I don't think I'm gonna have a lot of options besides the Porta Corda. I want to keep the cost under $300 CDN, so $180 USD or so is as high as I want to go. $300 USD is about what I payed for my 15" Tempest and a 250 watt at 4 ohm plate amp. So $300 plus for a headphone amps just erks me right now.

I'll have to do some more research before I make my final decision.

Users who are viewing this thread