What's new

Does the Outlaw 950 digitise analog inputs? (1 Viewer)

Tony Lai

Stunt Coordinator
I know it has analog multichannel bypass and I expect some of the analog inputs (ie. like VCR) to be digitised so the Crystal processor can do dpl2 however is there a pure analog bypass for phono or CD or SACD?
I was looking at the Rotel RSP-976 and all two channel inputs were digitised while the 5.1 multichannel input was fully analog. Unacceptable.
I would prefer a complement of fully analog inputs that bypass the Crystal VLSI/DAC so it's pure passthru.
T.

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Tony,
The 950 information page, which has a link to features and specs (that I can't grab the URL off of because it's a popup), says all analog inputs can be either bypass or processed.
Here's the basic 950 info page on their site, http://www.outlawaudio.com/news/news_oct_950.html#
Here's the germane text, lifted verbatim:
Speaking of analog inputs, we realize that there are still many audio enthusiasts who have significant analog libraries. To accommodate high-end analog sources where you do not wish to have the signal run through the A/D - DSP -D/A path so that the analog input is never digitized, we are pleased to announce that all analog inputs may be chosen as a "bypass". In that mode all A/D and D/A conversion is bypassed, and the analog source goes straight through to the volume control. You can do this on not one input, not two inputs, but on EVERY L/R analog input. Again, we can't think of ANY product out there that does that.
Regards,
------------------
John Kotches
Contributing Writer
Link Removed

Tony Lai

Stunt Coordinator
>You can do this on not one input, not two inputs, but on EVERY L/R analog input. Again, we can't think of ANY product out there that does that.
Heh!
Oh my god... I'm in love.
If Outlaw put in an ac3-rf demodulator, I would buy two of 'em!
Must buy.
T.

W

Will

>You can do this on not one input, not two inputs,
>but on EVERY L/R analog input.
As opposed to (what?) analog inputs that are not the
Left/Right channel?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks