Does the JVC XV-FA95GD do DVD-Audio?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Charles J P, Jan 5, 2003.

1. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    JVC doesnt say anything about it, but J&R says it does. Anyone have this player?

2. GeorgeC

GeorgeC Agent

Yes it does DVD-Audio. It's a decent player and it does hold 7 discs and have progressive scan, and it's got a very good price. I've only had it a few months, but no problems so far.

3. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    Thanks George. My getting a new LCD just happened to coincide with my current Toshiba DVD player starting to do some funky stuff, so it may be time to replace. This is looking pretty good.

4. Jason Bosch

Jason Bosch Agent

I'm very curious about this one also. J&R has it for $150 and JVC's website says MSRP at $499.99. I find that very odd. The XV-FA900BLK is $280 at best buy and $350 MSRP on JVC's website. Also I zoomed up on the closeup pic of the 95 on JVC's website and it definently has the DVD Audio written on it. Very strange to me. I think I'll give it a try though. The guy I talked to on J&R said he hadn't heard of any problems with it. And didn't seem to have a problem with the price....

5. GeorgeC

GeorgeC Agent

I bought it for about $300, and it was a good player for that price. The $149 at JandR is a steal.