Does the "Black Dahlia" HD-DVD exist?

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
I saw it mentioned in the Best Buy circular a couple weeks ago (which in and of itself was unusual), but neither of the Best Buys nearby had any, and I haven't seen any evidence of its existence anywhere else. Is it a case of having to get lucky to find it, like Poseidon a month ago, or did Universal tell everybody but Best Buy it was canceled?

Yumbo

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
No. Poseidon streets 16th, Combo.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Real Name
Tony D.
right.
i was saying there is a "the 16th" this month in response to chris(yumbo) responding to me saying i think it streets this month.

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
The thing is, I saw a couple copies of Poseidon on the shelf in Newbury Comics on its original release date in December. I was wondering if maybe Black Dahlia had shown up in some places and not others.

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen

Well, it arrived this afternoon. I've yet to undo the shrinkwrap, but it's NOT a combo (at least the cover isn't).

LarryH

Supporting Actor
Re: The Black Dahlia

It appears that there has never been an official release date for TBD HD-DVD. I. I, too, have looked at every dealer in my area and have never seen a sign of it.

My assumption is that whoever put together the Best Buy flyer just made a big mistake.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Right -- despite the Best Buy ad and an onslaught of rumors, The Black Dahlia was never officially announced. It's one of the only Universal releases since they started releasing day/date titles on HD DVD to be snubbed, for whatever reason. (American Dreamz is the only other one, I believe.)

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naturabuhneha