Does the BFD have Subsonic Filter???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim Lowe, Nov 1, 2002.

1. Jim Lowe

Jim Lowe Auditioning

This is probably a dumb question but i've looked and can't find the answer. Do I need to buy a "rumble box" in addition to buying a BFD for use with my subwoofer(going to be SVS 16-46CS+)??? Or is there some setting where it cuts out the way down low information right on the BFD making a "rumble box" moot? Thanks.

Jim

2. Ronald Volkman

No..the BFD does not have a rumble filter. You could put a deep cut at 20hz (lower limit of BFD), but it would be too high and would affect the bottom octave.

Ron

3. Jim Lowe

Jim Lowe Auditioning

Thanks for the reply, so I guess this means I have to get both, running the sub from my reciever to the "rumble box" to the BFD to the Amp to the Sub. Whew, that's a lot of stops on the way to sound!!!

Jim

4. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Is there such thing as a "rumble" box? Always bothered me that the BFD didn't have this. Reasonably priced?

5. Jim Lowe

Jim Lowe Auditioning

They have a rumble box at SVS Website, it's around $159 if you buy an SVS subwoofer, and around $200 if you buy it separately. It has several subsonic filters at 15, 20, and 25. It also has a variable phase control on the box.
    This is the link.
    http://www.svsubwoofers.com/marchandsubsonic.htm
    Jim

6. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Jim- Thanks! I was hoping for less than $100, but now that I know such a thing exists, I'll have to check it out.