What's new

Does StudioCanal now control Lester's THREE/FOUR MUSKETEERS? (1 Viewer)

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I believe Return of the Musketeers is with Universal. I've never seen it, and I'm not sure how I would feel about watching it, given that a horse stunt filmed for it caused us to lose the talented Roy Kinnear.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Hey, don’t forget Return of the Musketeers with much of the same cast.
This should be released as a trilogy !!!

I agree, although the third chapter just isn't as involving or funny or thrilling as the first two, which basically cover the original Dumas novel perfectly well. RETURN feels a little weird and perfunctory and incoherent. It was filmed 15 years after the first two, and just hasn't the same comic energy or as good a script. Plus, Roy Kinnear as Planchet died following an accident with his horse during filming and Lester had to do somersaults during filming and editing to cover for this, an effort that was not very successful. The very fine music score is by Jean-Claude Petit and is quite worth a purchase...it's the best element of the picture, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks