What's new

Does Sony have a DVD/SACD megachanger in the works (next year)? (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
As you may know, little SACD and DVD-Audio news came out of the CEDIA show last week. However, in an article on www.highfidelityreview.com on the lack of news concerning the high-resolution formats, I found one statement very intriguing. The article criticized Sony for leaving out SACD playback in the forthcoming DVP-CX875P 301-disc progressive-scan DVD megachanger. However, the article suggested that an SACD-compatible model is in the works. Read this statement from the article:
Despite Sony’s often-asserted desire to include SACD in its mass-market products, SACD decoding was omitted from the company’s new $500 301-disc DVP-CX875P DVD changer, (it will be added in next year’s replacement model).
Hmmm. Is this correct? Is Sony planning on replacing the 'CX875P with an SACD-compatible megachanger next year? Has anyone heard anything to that effect? I hope there is credence to this statement.
Here is a link the full article on highfidelityreview.com:
http://www.highfidelityreview.com/ne...umber=13619595

David Glenn

Second Unit
KeithH,

Thanks for the post, but the lack of SACD is not a deal breaker for me. If I can find one of these for about $350, it's mine. I'm tired of swapping out my 3yr old's dvds.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
David, the street price for the 'CX875P will be $500. Crutchfield has it available for pre-order for $500, and I expect brick-and-mortar stores to have it for that price. However, you might be able to get the player for your price or close to it through Oade Bros. (1-229-228-0093 or 1-229-228-4480), OneCall (1-800-340-4770), or J&R Music World (1-800-221-8180). All three are authorized dealers.

David Glenn

Second Unit
Thanks Keith, J&R is my dealer of choice. I work downtown NYC and live in NJ, so it's a no brainer for me (tax-free delivery to NJ). I'm waiting for my recently purchased RPHDTV (Sony KP-57WV700) to arrive in stock for delivery. I negotiated a great price ($2,865 shipped + a rebate for a free digital camera). Since I could cancel my order, perhaps I can persuede my sales rep. to give me a good deal on the CX875P as well.

How have your current Sony Megachangers performed for you? Any problems?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks