Does something like this even exist?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Vince Maskeeper, Jul 28, 2002.

1. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

I'm putting together a custom photo album (I've grown tired of most of the available commercial solutions) and have gotten my own heavy stock paper for the pages. I had Kinkos drill the package for 3 hole use, and have created a custom binder.

What I wonder is if there is some sort of metal reinforcement for 3 hole stock. I seem to recall some sort of 2 piece metal grommet that used a specific crimp tool. You placed the two halves on either side of the hole (or maybe in the tool itself- and crimped it around the hole and it created a strong metal ring around the hole.

I looked on the major office supply sites and only managed to find the paper type reinforcement ring, which won't be too helpful on this heavier cardstock paper.

Does anyone know if this type of thing actually exists, and if so where I might find the supplies?

-Vince

2. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

I've used them, but can't remember what they are called. I think you'd have better luck at a hardware store rather than an office supply store. I remember using them on tarps.

3. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Cinematographer

Vince...There might be something here for you.
    Good luck,
    Jon

4. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

Would appear Jon's link that a fabric store would be a better place to look as well.

Eyelets are what you are looking for I think.