Does Samsung 931 really play DVD-R???

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Eric_Nathan, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Eric_Nathan

Eric_Nathan Agent

Their spec sheet says the HD931 plays both DVD+R and DVD-R http://erms.samsungusa.com/customer/...=8529&SEQ_NO=1 but the manual doesn't say it does. What's up with that? I've tried playing DVD+R on my own HD931 and no luck, it wouldn't work, and I am using a very reliable Plextor 712A burner to make my DVDs. Does anyone have any insight into this? Thanks!

2. Jeremy Little

Jeremy Little Supporting Actor

During the time that I had mine, I played DVD-R, DVD+R, and DVD-RW's on it without any problems. There are just too many variables to say it doesn't play ANY of a given format. The 8x dyes that are being used now seem to play with little or no effort in the machines I use where before I had brands that would work in my DVD player and some that didn't.

3. Eric_Nathan

Eric_Nathan Agent

Thanks for the reply. This makes no sense to me. We bought ours brand new, non-refurbished in summer 2003, and the DVD+R that I tried playing (again, made with very good software and burner) doesn't work. I haven't tried DVD-R yet, but I just don't know why the DVD+R discs won't play, since Samsung claims it does and even you yourself said it worked.