What's new

Does SACD really have a future? (1 Viewer)

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I'm still not convinced I need more than 2 channels for music, and I've had a surround SACD/DVD-A system for nearly three years (with well over 200 titles). I've got 5.1, as it is, and really prefer 4.0 for nearly all surround applications, though the 3-channel RCA Living Stereo releases have me rethinking my former antipathy for the center channel in music reproduction.

7.1? For what purpose exactly? My two rear channels image absolutely fine in the back, creating a perfect center image when called for by the mix. (Perhaps these could be used for height envelope channels, both front and rear?)

Anyway, I can think of a very long list of far better ways to improve my music system for the same money I'd spend on two more speakers, two more cables, and two more channels of amplification.

Gabriela Mendez

Stunt Coordinator
We recently moved and space has become an issue. My 7.1 setup makes the tv room too crowded and there's really not much space. If you ask me, I prefer a 5.1 setup and even my SACD's are set up to play in stereo only on my denon 2200. For DVD-A, that's another story, but even in this format I prefer 2 channels if available. I have both Alan Parson's I Robot and Turn of a Friendly Card (HDAD 24/192).:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks