Does S-Video go bad?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by WayneEA, Jun 30, 2004.

1. WayneEA

WayneEA Extra

I currently have a 27" Maganavox tv, Everthings works fine but I think the s-video input is going bad, I run my Sat through the s-video and I get a black and white picture,or sometimes I get areal faint color picture, but if i jiggle the imput to the tv the picture gets better, I was wondering if I would be possible to tighten and fix this myself?

2. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

I would first make sure the cable is properly seated on both the TV and the Sat. Also try swapping out the cable. If that doesn't do it, you may need to take the TV in for repair. Getting into a television is VERY dangerous and if you don't know what you're doing you can be seriously injured or killed.

3. BrianWoerndle

BrianWoerndle Supporting Actor

You are just getting a lose connection with the S-video jack. You could take it and get it replaced, but it probably would not be worth it.

And never open a TV. The CRT stores enough electricity to kill you even after it has been unplugged for months.

4. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

I had the very thing you describe happen to me. I replaced the S-Video connector and all was cured.

5. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Since this thread mostly concerns that Magnavox, the thread's been moved here to Display Devices.

6. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Screenwriter

...sure it isn't the cable plugging into the set?

Don't forget to check the obvious!

Leo Kerr