What's new

Does R0 have an anamorphic version of 'Armageddon'? (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I've given up hopes that Region 1 will release an anamorphic version of Armageddon (Criterion/Disney really blew it here!). I don't have an all-region player, so I was wondering if Region 0 has one, or any ohter region that plays on a Region 1 player.

jason:g

Stunt Coordinator
The Australian release of Armageddon is anamorphically enhanced, but it's Region 4. You should get a multi-region player.

Les Fowler

Grip
CD WOW lists a region 2 PAL encoded 2 disc set that is anamorphic but its running time is listed as 147 min. My Touchstone region 1, nonanamorphic runs at 151 min. and the Criterion nonanamorphic runs at 153 min. All 3 versions suck. Too bad !!! Hopfully some day an anamorphic 153 min. disc will appear. Les

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe cross your fingers for the eventual anamorphic release from Criterion one day

MikeEckman

Screenwriter

I could be mistaken, but I dont think Criterion has ever done a double dip on the same title. Plus, I believe that whatever agreement that Disney had with Criterion to release their titles ended with The Rock. That is why Trainspotting never made it to Criterion DVD.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell

Well, Disney's own SE has the Criterion commentary track, so presumably Disney and Criterion still have some arrangements in place.

DJ

Stunt Coordinator
Well, with the imminent launch of HD-DVD, I have a feeling that Criterion would try to re-license those OOP titles and remaster them for HD-DVD. What are the odds? Here's hoping...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks