What's new

Does Predator 2 have a release date? (1 Viewer)

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
I only ask because I'm holding it in my hands at a certain retailer. It's in a two-pack with Predator DTS for $16.99. A little sparse on features...two featurettes and the trailer. I can't see the video or audio specs since the "value pack" sticker is blocking them. :frowning:
Nice price, though!

Arif

Agent
Yes. It's supposed to be released on February 4, 2003 - I've pre-ordered my copy. However, certain retailers have been selling the two-pack which includes Predator (DTS) and Predator 2 (Dolby Digital 5.1). It's the real deal and kudos to you if you can get it early!
:)

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
I will add that the picture at Deep Discount DVD does not do the cover artwork enough injustice. It's really quite horrible.

Arif

Agent
I agree. It's going to be the worst DVD cover art in my collection - looks like a made for TV movie!
:frowning:

SvenS

Second Unit
If you have a BB by you the two pack (Predator-DTS & Predator 2) is only $16.99!

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
What is the big deal with trying to come up with cover art for this film? Instead of using the one-sheet -- with a shot of the Predator, natch -- the old VHS and LD just had a distant shot of LA with a crappy red sky. Huh?

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
Yep, I just saw the two-pack at my local big retailer as well. $16.99 for the two pack. Would've definitely picked it up if I didn't already have the R0 disc.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Now that is a shitty cover, alright. The R2 version had different covers depending on the country - one was the shot of the predator, the other was the LA red sky (which I have, would have preferred the other though)...

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
That's nowhere near as bad as Real Genius. It's an offensively annoying noggin cover, but that's all

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I saw the set yesterday at BB too. Has there been any talk of a future Predator SE release? If not, I'm all over this set. If so, then I'll wait.

Does anyone else agree that Predator 2 has one of the best final lines of ANY action movie?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
A bit OT. . .they also had a 2-pack of Bedazzled (the new one) and Someone Like You (Ashley Judd). Are they worth picking up, or just garbage? (Gotta get somethin' for my lady!)

JasonRH

Second Unit
LOL,
A guy posts a thread about a possible release date and you decide to reply with "Predator 2 is horrible"? :) Why bother??
Anyway, every web site I've searched for it on has a release date of Feb.4

ErichH

Screenwriter
I think Pred2 is GREAT!! Finally get to see it uncut (I hope) for the first time since it's theater release.

`you'll never see the demon till him come callin'
`Prepare Yourself'

Eric

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Still wondering about Predator: SE. . .
Even BrentJ can't deny that the last line in Predator 2 is a classic! (The preceding 90 minutes are, of course, up for debate. ;) )

Eric Meske

Stunt Coordinator
From HTF Peter Staddon Chat 12/2/02:

[SteveK] Thanks for being here. Fox puts out some of the BEST releases. Any chance we'll see an R1 release of Predator SE soon?

[peterstaddon] Not soon, but probably in mid 2003. Predator 2 wiill be coming out before that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks