What's new

Does one's shoe size shrink when one loses weight? (1 Viewer)

Don Black

Screenwriter
Obviously, the more weight you lose the smaller the article of clothing you can wear. But do your feet shrink as well? Do they become narrower (less wide)? Shorter? Basically, do you change shoe sizes with significant weight loss (30-50lbs)? Just always wanted to know... Thanks!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I don't see why it would - I've never been large, but when I gained a little weight, it never seemed to put much padding between the bones of my feet and my shoes. I can't recall ever seeing much flab on anybody's feet, although I imagine if someone was obese, that might be different.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
I lost 40 pounds and my shoe size didn't change. It also didn't change it when I had previously gained that weight.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
i wouldnt think so in terms of length as there is not much fat/padding on the toes and heels that would make it SHRINK

Width i could imagine might change, like in the arch area.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I definately had my shoe size go down when I lost weight. I had some shoes that I couldn't wear, because they were so tight. When I lost weight, I could wear them again comfortably.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I'm down about 45 pounds since January and my foot size is still the same.

I guess it may depends on where you lose the weight. My weight was all in my stomach and upper body...my legs have always been thin, so I doubt my feet would shrink much.

I'm sure that you can lose size in your feet if your weight was mostly water or bloating.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks