What's new

Does "Noise Reduction" Actually Work on an SXRD? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linksys 845c

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bobby Copeland
These "Noise Reduction" settings on Sony's LCD and rear projection sets...do they actually work? Perhaps for my cable box's component connections they can eliminate some "noise" from standard broadcasts, but what about, say, with one of the HDMI inputs for high definition Blu ray playback...should the Noise Reduction be on or off, or low or medium? I am using the set's "Standard" picture mode, but does noise reduction affect this mode at all?

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
No offense, but how many threads are you going to start about picture settings for your SXRD? So far I'm aware of four that ask largely the same questions, and I'm getting confused as to where I should post follow-ups.

Edited to add: I see the other threads have been locked. I replied to your thread in the HD Hardware area, but then the thread got locked. If you have any follow-up questions to my post, please ask them here.

To answer this specific question, you shouldn't be seeing any "noise" with Blu-rays. You'll see some film grain with some titles, but you shouldn't try to eliminate that --- you'll lose picture detail in the process.

As far as the quality of your cable, cable and satellite companies have been known to overcompress their signals, so the quality there may not be great. Who is your provider, and do they have an HD box available with HDMI output?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peteo
Recent bookmarks