What's new

Does My old equipment have any value? (1 Viewer)

JW3571

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonathan
I have a Yamaha HTR-5240 receiver as well as a Infiniti BU2 subwoofer that I'd like to sell. I also have a Technics 110 disc changer. Do these have any value? If so, how much? Thanks

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
I'm not familiar with that subwoofer, but it might have some value, check the used audio sites to get a feel for how much.

Both the Yamaha and Technics are obsolete and have little or no resale value. If you can get $25-$50 on Craigslist you will have done well, IMO. You would probably be better off using them for a secondary audio system in your garage or basement. Again, IMO.

John Brill

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Short answer, no bids on an HTR-5240 listed on ebay for $14.99. You could probably sell it for $20 at a garage sale if the buyer doesn't haggle and wants a cheap amp for a spare bedroom/basement to listen to the radio.

Same goes for the Technics cd changer. You can pick up a new Sony 300 disc player for under $150 so a used one... maybe $25?

As for the sub, it's what, 10-15 years old? Is it the 10" or 12" model? If the seals haven't dried out and it wasn't abused, might get $25-$50 for it?

JB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks