1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Does JVC's XV-S60BK DVD player really do 3:2 pulldown?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Ferrara, Jul 30, 2001.

1. Patrick Ferrara

Crutchfield is advertising the new JVC XV-S60BK DVD player as one which does 3:2 deinterlacing. The JVC website does not mention this. Even if it doesn't do the 3:2, for a progressive scan player, $250 sounds like a great deal. If it actually did 3:2 I think it would be a steal!
    Does anyone have this player or it's gold finished brother (JVC XV-S65GD)?
    Patrick
    ------------------

2. MikeF

MikeF Stunt Coordinator

I have been trying to get the same question answered. I think the player can be found online for about $200, which would be nothing short of remarkable for a chroma bug-free, 3:2 progressive scanning player with MP3 audio playback and 4:3>16:9 auto-zooming.
    The RP91 costs something like twice as much, as does the Malata -- and lord only knows how long the latter will last. I almost bought a Malata, but am waiting to see whether the S60BK does 3:2. If it does do 3:2, I can't justify spending double to be able to watch on the Malata what few non-R1 titles interest me. (Not to mention the auto-zoom is much more convenient for non-HT geeks in the family.)
    ------------------
    My oh so exciting DVD collection.

3. Tod Gettys

Tod Gettys Auditioning

According to the player's sale page at OneCall.com, it does do 3:2 pulldown. Here's the link: http://sql.onecall.com/PID_11925.htm
    Here are some of the details:
    ====
    Digital Direct progressive-scan (with automatic 3:2 pulldown) output delivers 480p signals straight from source material without the need for a line doubler
    Component video, composite video and S-video outputs for a great connection to virtually any TV
    Optical and coaxial digital audio outputs provide a perfect connection to Dolby Digital and DTS receivers
    Plays movie DVDs, CDs, VCDs and CD-R/RWs
    Integrated MP3 decoder
    Graphical user interface makes it easy to control all functions
    Video fine processor improves picture quality
    3-D PHONIC virtual surround sound
    Glow remote
    10-bit/27mHz digital-to-analog converter
    Variable (forward and reverse) search and slow motion,
    Digest play, strobe play, angle list, zoom play and resume function
    ==========
    I'm looking at this one very closely too. Good luck.
    ------------------