What's new

Does Independence Day 20th Anniversary Edition contain the true theatrical version? (1 Viewer)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
The new 20th Anniversary Edition of Independence Day corrects a major omission of the previous Blu-ray by including the extended edition.

A lot of people were disappointed that the previous release included only the theatrical version, but I remember one commenter who was happy that that the Blu-ray included only one version, because the branching that was used to incorporate both versions on the DVD was sloppily done and resulted in some discrepancies between the true theatrical version and the DVD's purported theatrical version. I recall that the commenter described at least one specific scene that differed between the two versions, but I can't remember which scene it was or how it differed.

I'm almost certain I read this on the HTF, but I can't seem to find the thread now, nor can I find any other information on the subject. Is anyone else familiar with the differences between the two versions? Assuming I'm even remembering this correctly, I'm particularly interested in determining whether the 20th Anniversary Edition's theatrical version is true to the original or suffers the same problem as the DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks