What's new

Does IFC show movies uncensored? (1 Viewer)

Bob Morgan

Stunt Coordinator
Do they bleep out the naughty words? Blur out the naughty bits?
Reason I'm asking is I'm upgrading to digital cable and found out that IFC is showing one of my all-time favourite movies Glengarry Glen Ross and I don't want to be bothered with Mamet's dialogue watered down.
Thanks in advance.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I've heard they have a logo onscreen all the time. I've seen digital cable- it's not a pretty sight.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Do they bleep out the naughty words? Blur out the naughty bits?
Reason I'm asking is I'm upgrading to digital cable and found out that IFC is showing one of my all-time favourite movies Glengarry Glen Ross and I don't want to be bothered with Mamet's dialogue watered down.
Thanks in advance.
Not that I know of. I've seen a few movies on IFC like Barton Fink, and The Lover and they did not censor anything.
What you should be aware of is that IFC does not always show movies in their original aspect ratio, and the last time I saw Glengarry Glen Ross on IFC, it was pan n scan.
frown.gif

Jodee

Screenwriter
Richard is right. While they don't edit for content they don't always show OAR. Although sometimes they do. IFC is a good channel though and they show lots of movies that the premium channels never touch. They also will occasionally show a movie with the DVD/laserdisc commentary which is pretty cool.
My favorite digital cable channel is TCM - Turner Classic Movies.
They ALWAYS show movies in widescreen where applicable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks