Does Gamecube have an S-Video Cable?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dome Vongvises, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

I've looked everywhere for a Gamecube Cable with an S-Video Component. Hell, I can't even find a Monster cable!

2. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

i am using an svideo cable. for component video cable, purchase it directly from nintendo.com.

3. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

if you have a sam goody I know they got them there

4. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

I'll probably have to get them there this weekend. Thanks.

5. Erich_S

Erich_S Extra

Also, note that the S-video cable for the N64 works on the Gamecube. As I was carrying my gamecube S-video cable up to pay for it, I noticed "Also works for N64!" on the box. I figured that the reverse was true for my unused N64 cable sitting at home so I put it back, went home, and tried it. Sure enough, the GC works just fine with the old cable and I saved $10.

Erich

6. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

SNES, N64 and GameCube have all used the same AV connector, so any S-Video cable set for any of them will work. I got mine awhile ago, I think I got the madcatz one (it's purple). Works fine. Big improvement over composite.

7. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

Bear in mind, oh European Gamecube owners, that this isn't the case for PAL ones. Nintendo, at the very last minute, removed the SVideo capability from the PAL Gamecube, as it was the easiest way of them supporting RGB instead. So none of those third party leads worked.