What's new

Does Fox own their 1930s releases? (1 Viewer)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I want to write a letter requesting that the film "Three Women" with Janet Gaynor, Lorreta Young, and Simone Simon be released on DVD. The Imdb says that it was originally released by 20th Century Fox. Before I write a letter I want to make sure they still own it.

I am hoping they will release a "Pre-Code" box set like TCM and Universal have.

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
They've released a lot of their 1930s films, for example those in the Ford at Fox box. I've never heard that they don't own Three Women, so why not ask them in the letter? At worst they'll reply saying they don't own it, but my guess is they do.

Charles H

Screenwriter
The correct title of the Young-Simone-Gaynor film is LADIES IN LOVE. Its greatest distinction is that it was Tyrone Power's first Fox film and a clip from the film appears on a documentary on the GIRLS DORMITORY disc included in the second Volume of the Tyrone Power Collection. I would have assumed that it would have been included on the third volume of the Tyrone Power Fox films, but considering the economy and the shakeup at Fox Classics, sadly it's probably not going to happen.

Fox released a Robert Altman THREE WOMEN via Criterion, which needless-to-say is a very, very different sort of a movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks