What's new

Does everyone fear the Fighting Banana Slug? (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Steve Christou is to blame for this question. It's not a spoof, it's the real thing.
Hey it's no spoof: we are [rant]the fighting Banana Slugs! [/rant] Get your stuff here: http://slugweb.com/slugweb/ or here http://slugstore.ucsc.edu/

(The term "fighting banana slugs" is a registered trademark of The Regents of The University of California, all rights reserved.)
Hey John Travolta wore a UCSC Slug sweatshirt in Pulp Fiction!

A banana slug is the giant yellow slug of the California redwood rainforest. They are the size and color of a banana:

Leif Wall

Second Unit
If one of those ended up in my place of residence, I would be frightened. Just looking at them and imagining how big they actually are... ewwwwww

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I have that shirt (The one from Pulp Fiction).. It is truly the mascot of UC Santa Cruz, BTW...
I like slugs too, (besides Spiders), this was my .signature for awhile in college:
Code:
 . . . . . . . . 
 _!/ _!/ SLUGS !_ !_ 
 .::-' _> .::-' _> NOT

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I'm not afraid of that.
Jim have you ever been chased by a Banana Slug? It's scary! Those things have speeds of upto -100mph, you can run but you can't hide! Imagine tripping over and the slug is coming towards you and you're screaming with fear and an hour later you're still on the ground screaming while the slug is taking its time climbing your shoe, I'm shaking just typing this...brrr..:eek:

Jim_F

Screenwriter
Heck, I could beat one of them up with my bare hands any of a number of garden tools.

KyleS

Screenwriter
Good one Jim but I still stick with the nice large canister of Salt myself and scrape them off later. :)
KyleS

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
We have a high school in SE Michigan that has the nickname "The Tractors". Nothing brings a tear to the eye like hearing a rousing fight song involving tractors.

As for the Slug, its goofy, but I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks