What's new

Does Denon Have a Problem with HDMI1 Input? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
My previous Denon (4300 something) the HDMI1 input stopped working and I worked around it my putting the output into another input. Now my 6500H is doing the same thing. Nothing coming out of HDMI1. As soon as I switch it to HDMI2 on the AVR, I get picture and sound. Yes this is the input for my DVR or in this case my TiVo. It was DTV DVR on the previous receiver and it probably gets used more than any other input, but still, two different receivers and HDMI1 goes out on both. Starting to think this should be my last Denon.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I get the feeling hdmi board problems are generally becoming a thing. I've never had a problem myself, and I don't own any Denon, though I do have several Marantz.

John_Bilbrey

Second Unit
My Denon monitor out (HDMI) quite several months ago. When I moved the receiver to the movie room, it "fixed" itself. Not sure if it being off for an extended period did some sort of reset or what, but it is working now. I can't remember if I did a factory reset on it in my troubleshooting steps before I moved it, but I think I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks