does Dark Angel totally blow this season, or is it me?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KevinW, Dec 13, 2001.

1. KevinW

KevinW Stunt Coordinator

Man, when this show first came on last season I was in love, with the show itself and it's star actress. But this season seems totally rediculous. The relationship between Max and Logan no longer has that sexual tension. I mean come, they can't touch anymore, please. And who the hell is Logan's blond friend and where did she come from all of the sudden? The photography and set design seem different, not to mention the writing. This whole "save the mutant creatures plot" does nothing for me.

My Tivo still records the show every week. And every week I turn on the show with the hope that someone has come to there senses. But no luck so far. It's like they're catering to an entirely different market. Thank God we have Alias now!

2. Danny R

Danny R Supporting Actor

I agree. Dark Angel went from being something I faithfully watched every episode of last season, to something I fast forward through now before deleting.

With the genetic monster plot, its almost as if they are trying to pick up on the success of Buffy. However Buffy is much more than just a monster of the week.

The only decent episode this year I've seen was with Cyborg Zack.

3. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

I agree with you both. I only watch it on Friday nights (well, I tape it) is because there's nothing else on. It's too bad Fox decided to move the series to Friday because I think they're attributing the drop in viewers to the move when it's the quality of the show.

Gord

4. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

Among other things, they need a better villian. The pretty boy leading the hit squads is a poor substitute for Lydecker and Renfro. I think this Friday's episode will be the make-or-break; the preview suggests that we'll finally learn something about Max's new opposition.

M.

5. Jared_B

Jared_B Supporting Actor

I feel the same. I really want this show to do well, because I love (loved) watching it. This weeks episode looks like it might have some content.

Jared

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

This show, being on Friday's now, is like an after-thought for me when I clear out my VCR tapes for the week. If I have time, I'll watch the DA episode on tape, but I don't find that I'm missing a whole lot when I don't see the show.
    I don't think it's horrible, but maybe it's just a little too scatter-brained in story/plotline development.
    Hopefully the pretty guy will turn out to be a really formidable opponent (though it was weird to hear to talk to his wife and kid on the phone in the last episode). Hmm...
    The whole Max/Logan not being to touch is getting tired and ludicrous. Logan should just get some Asha loving and be done with it. [​IMG]

7. Michael Reuben

8. ryan_m

ryan_m Stunt Coordinator

9. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

YES! Death to Original Cindy! I want to vomit everytime she speaks of herself in the third person. Bob Dole thinks Bob Dole would like to hurt Original Cindy.

10. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    quote...
    "does Dark Angel totally blow..."
    hmmmm, NAH! Too damn easy![​IMG]

11. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

It's defineately changed it's focus. I personally like the dynamics of season one most, (is this season two or three now? Three I'd imagine) but I still like the show. Hopefully they'll have all the lose ends tied up by the time they make the movie (Cameron's return to the director's chair?) so they can return to the feel of the Pilot.

12. Michael Reuben

13. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

It seems like season 4... [​IMG]

14. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Y'know, when S1 ended and we saw over the summer that there were gonna be some changes for S2, I thought that it was gonna blow and I wasn't gonna like the new season at all.
    Then it had an amazing kick-off for the new season, and I thought it was cool, but that Ally and Boston Public were blowing.
    Now DA has switched gears again, and is promising yet another change in January. It's definately cooled off since the Logan/Max-can't-touch-this thing and Lydecker's disappearance. The one last night that revealed that the bad guy is stronger than Max was cute/interesting on a couple of levels, but it's not gonna save nothing.
    No, DA is sliding fast, and Ally and DP have slowed their slide a bit but are still going downhill. Add to that the fact that Enterprise has turned into a huge disappointment, Friends and Simpsons are actually started to feel OLD to me, and I'm fast finding out that I can live on DVD's alone...

15. Michael Reuben